Sovi.AI - AI Math Tutor

Scan to solve math questions

QUESTION IMAGE

12. which of the following is a conditional statement? ○ chocolate can …

Question

  1. which of the following is a conditional statement?

○ chocolate can be white or brown.
○ i will eat anything that is dipped in chocolate.
○ chocolate chip cookies are the best kind.
○ i like chocolate.

Explanation:

Brief Explanations

A conditional statement has a hypothesis (condition) and a conclusion, often in the form "If [hypothesis], then [conclusion]". Let's analyze each option:

  • "Chocolate can be white or brown" is a statement of fact about chocolate's color, not conditional.
  • "I will eat anything that is dipped in chocolate" can be rephrased as "If something is dipped in chocolate, then I will eat it" (hypothesis: something is dipped in chocolate; conclusion: I will eat it), fitting the conditional structure.
  • "Chocolate chip cookies are the best kind" is an opinion, not conditional.
  • "I like chocolate" is a simple statement of preference, not conditional.

Answer:

The option "I will eat anything that is dipped in chocolate" (the third option from the left, with the text "I will eat anything that is dipped in chocolate")