QUESTION IMAGE
Question
- which of the following is a conditional statement?
○ chocolate can be white or brown.
○ i will eat anything that is dipped in chocolate.
○ chocolate chip cookies are the best kind.
○ i like chocolate.
Brief Explanations
A conditional statement has a hypothesis (condition) and a conclusion, often in the form "If [hypothesis], then [conclusion]". Let's analyze each option:
- "Chocolate can be white or brown" is a statement of fact about chocolate's color, not conditional.
- "I will eat anything that is dipped in chocolate" can be rephrased as "If something is dipped in chocolate, then I will eat it" (hypothesis: something is dipped in chocolate; conclusion: I will eat it), fitting the conditional structure.
- "Chocolate chip cookies are the best kind" is an opinion, not conditional.
- "I like chocolate" is a simple statement of preference, not conditional.
Snap & solve any problem in the app
Get step-by-step solutions on Sovi AI
Photo-based solutions with guided steps
Explore more problems and detailed explanations
The option "I will eat anything that is dipped in chocolate" (the third option from the left, with the text "I will eat anything that is dipped in chocolate")