QUESTION IMAGE
Question
44.3 respond out loud to the audio, using the words in the panel
excuse me, could i have a glass of water?
yes, of course.
can i have another cookie?
. here you go.
may i offer you a cup of tea?
no, .
can i watch the sports channel?
no, .
good morning. may i check into the hotel?
were fully booked.
good evening. may i take you to your table?
yes, . thank you.
you cant sure please thank you of course im afraid
To solve this fill - in - the - blank problem, we need to choose the appropriate words from the given panel to complete each dialogue.
1. For "Can I have another cookie?"
The response "Here you go" implies a positive answer. Among the words, "Sure" is a suitable positive response. So we fill in "Sure".
2. For "May I offer you a cup of tea?"
The answer is "No", and we need a polite way to refuse. "thank you" is appropriate here as it is a polite refusal (expressing gratitude for the offer while declining). So we fill in "thank you".
3. For "Can I watch the sports channel?"
The answer is "No", and "you can't" is a direct and appropriate negative response. So we fill in "you can't".
4. For "Good morning. May I check into the hotel?"
The reason given is "we're fully booked", so we need a phrase to introduce this negative response. "I'm afraid" is used to politely convey bad news, so we fill in "I'm afraid".
5. For "Good evening. May I take you to your table?"
The answer is "Yes", and "please" is a polite and appropriate response to accept the offer. So we fill in "please".
Filled - in Dialogues:
- Can I have another cookie? \(\boldsymbol{Sure}\). Here you go.
- May I offer you a cup of tea? No, \(\boldsymbol{thank\ you}\).
- Can I watch the sports channel? No, \(\boldsymbol{you\ can't}\).
- Good morning. May I check into the hotel? \(\boldsymbol{I'm\ afraid}\) we're fully booked.
- Good evening. May I take you to your table? Yes, \(\boldsymbol{please}\). Thank you.
Snap & solve any problem in the app
Get step-by-step solutions on Sovi AI
Photo-based solutions with guided steps
Explore more problems and detailed explanations
To solve this fill - in - the - blank problem, we need to choose the appropriate words from the given panel to complete each dialogue.
1. For "Can I have another cookie?"
The response "Here you go" implies a positive answer. Among the words, "Sure" is a suitable positive response. So we fill in "Sure".
2. For "May I offer you a cup of tea?"
The answer is "No", and we need a polite way to refuse. "thank you" is appropriate here as it is a polite refusal (expressing gratitude for the offer while declining). So we fill in "thank you".
3. For "Can I watch the sports channel?"
The answer is "No", and "you can't" is a direct and appropriate negative response. So we fill in "you can't".
4. For "Good morning. May I check into the hotel?"
The reason given is "we're fully booked", so we need a phrase to introduce this negative response. "I'm afraid" is used to politely convey bad news, so we fill in "I'm afraid".
5. For "Good evening. May I take you to your table?"
The answer is "Yes", and "please" is a polite and appropriate response to accept the offer. So we fill in "please".
Filled - in Dialogues:
- Can I have another cookie? \(\boldsymbol{Sure}\). Here you go.
- May I offer you a cup of tea? No, \(\boldsymbol{thank\ you}\).
- Can I watch the sports channel? No, \(\boldsymbol{you\ can't}\).
- Good morning. May I check into the hotel? \(\boldsymbol{I'm\ afraid}\) we're fully booked.
- Good evening. May I take you to your table? Yes, \(\boldsymbol{please}\). Thank you.