Sovi.AI - AI Math Tutor

Scan to solve math questions

QUESTION IMAGE

14. which two factors determine sound intensity? (1 point) the waves fr…

Question

  1. which two factors determine sound intensity? (1 point)

the waves frequency and speed
the waves amplitude and speed
the waves frequency and the distance from the sound source
the waves amplitude and the distance from the sound source

Explanation:

Brief Explanations

Sound intensity \(I\) is given by the formula \(I=\frac{P}{A}\), where \(P\) is the power of the sound source and \(A = 4\pi r^{2}\) (for a spherical wavefront, \(r\) is the distance from the source). The power of the sound wave is related to the amplitude (\(A_{wave}\)) of the wave (\(P\propto A_{wave}^{2}\)). Frequency affects the pitch of the sound, not the intensity. Speed of the sound wave (\(v=\lambda f\)) is related to the medium and frequency - wavelength relationship, not directly to intensity calculation in the formula \(I=\frac{P}{A}\).

Answer:

the wave’s amplitude and the distance from the sound source