QUESTION IMAGE
Question
- $7,600 at 15% for 2 years
- $17,300 at 1% for $1\frac{1}{2}$ years
- $48,200 at 2.9% for 2 years
- $1,940 at 5.6% for 9 years
- $44,600 at 1.3% for 5 years
Assuming we are calculating simple interest for each problem, the formula for simple interest is \( I = P \times r \times t \), where \( I \) is the interest, \( P \) is the principal amount, \( r \) is the annual interest rate (in decimal form), and \( t \) is the time in years.
Problem 31:
Step 1: Identify values
\( P = 7600 \), \( r = 15\% = 0.15 \), \( t = 2 \)
Step 2: Apply formula
\( I = 7600 \times 0.15 \times 2 \)
\( I = 7600 \times 0.3 \)
\( I = 2280 \)
Problem 33:
Step 1: Identify values
\( P = 17300 \), \( r = 1\% = 0.01 \), \( t = 1.5 \) (since \( 1\frac{1}{2}=1.5 \))
Step 2: Apply formula
\( I = 17300 \times 0.01 \times 1.5 \)
\( I = 17300 \times 0.015 \)
\( I = 259.5 \)
Problem 35:
Step 1: Identify values
\( P = 48200 \), \( r = 2.9\% = 0.029 \), \( t = 2 \)
Step 2: Apply formula
\( I = 48200 \times 0.029 \times 2 \)
\( I = 48200 \times 0.058 \)
\( I = 2795.6 \)
Problem 37:
Step 1: Identify values
\( P = 1940 \), \( r = 5.6\% = 0.056 \), \( t = 9 \)
Step 2: Apply formula
\( I = 1940 \times 0.056 \times 9 \)
First, \( 1940 \times 0.056 = 108.64 \)
Then, \( 108.64 \times 9 = 977.76 \)
So, \( I = 977.76 \)
Problem 39:
Step 1: Identify values
\( P = 44600 \), \( r = 1.3\% = 0.013 \), \( t = 5 \)
Step 2: Apply formula
\( I = 44600 \times 0.013 \times 5 \)
\( I = 44600 \times 0.065 \)
\( I = 2899 \)
Snap & solve any problem in the app
Get step-by-step solutions on Sovi AI
Photo-based solutions with guided steps
Explore more problems and detailed explanations
s:
- 31) Interest = $\$2280$
- 33) Interest = $\$259.5$
- 35) Interest = $\$2795.6$
- 37) Interest = $\$977.76$
- 39) Interest = $\$2899$