Sovi.AI - AI Math Tutor

Scan to solve math questions

QUESTION IMAGE

12 intro to soh - cah - toa day 2 due december 14 at 8:00 pm grade 67% …

Question

12 intro to soh - cah - toa day 2 due december 14 at 8:00 pm grade 67% hypotenuse identifying trig ratios (diagram), level 1 identifying trig ratios (diagram), level 1 identifying trig ratios (diagram), level 2 identifying trig ratios (no diagram) 2 question express tan i as a fraction in simplest terms. answer tan i = attempt 3 out of 3

Explanation:

Step1: Recall tangent - ratio formula

The tangent of an angle in a right - triangle is defined as $\tan\theta=\frac{\text{opposite}}{\text{adjacent}}$. For angle $I$, the side opposite to angle $I$ has length $4$ and the side adjacent to angle $I$ has length $\sqrt{55}$.

Step2: Write the tangent value

So, $\tan I=\frac{4}{\sqrt{55}}$. To rationalize the denominator, we multiply the numerator and denominator by $\sqrt{55}$: $\tan I=\frac{4\sqrt{55}}{55}$.

Answer:

$\frac{4\sqrt{55}}{55}$